April 26, 2010

8 miles up ahead...


So it’s been a long week. My legs have had that dull ache to them all week – never seeming to fully recover. I commute by bike to work, so in essence, I am cross-training by default. It’s an easy ride in, but I usually push hard on the ride home and it’s mainly uphill. So the biking in combination with the daily runs has exhausted me. I took today off to rest before I do my first 8-miler tomorrow. I’ve never run more than 6.2 on my normal runs, so tomorrow it will be interesting to see how my body reacts the added mileage. I have noticed in the past my knees and feet start to get sore towards the end of the 6.2, so this will be the first of many physical challenges I will have to learn to deal with.
I’ve heard from people who have trained with groups before that marathon training takes away the frills of Friday night. Rather than be out on the town, you catch up on needed zzz’s so that you can wake up and run long distances at insane morning hours. Though I probably won’t start running till 9 or so, I am headed to bed early as the long week has worn me out both physically and mentally. Not to mention the list of about 20 things I need to cross off tomorrow.
To bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment